Today I’ve got a real treat for you
I’m over half way in my A-Z of kids cooking.
Today, it’s N for Nutella.
Mmmmmm, I love Nutella – and this no-bake cheesecake is easy and delicious!
As always I’ve put lots of goodies on this page – including my famous ‘pairs game’ with all the ingredients from this week’s recipe! I’ve got:
Click above to jump to the right spot, or just scroll down to the fun below.
N is for Nutella No-bake Cheesecake!!!
Granny was upstairs cleaning the bathroom when she realised that it was very quiet downstairs….very quiet indeed! She wondered what Monty could be up to?
Granny walked into the kitchen to find Monty eating great big spoonfuls of Nutella! “What on earth are you doing Monty?” asked Granny! Monty turned round and he had big smears of Nutella all over his face!
“You have eaten almost half a jar Monty – that is very naughty!” Monty said, with a huge grin on his chocolatey face, “I’m sorry Granny but I just couldn’t wait for your yummy Nutella & hazelnut cheesecake!”
“You are a very cheeky monkey indeed Monty” laughed Granny. “Go and get cleaned up and we’ll go to the shop and by some more Nutella so we can make the cheesecake.”
Check out Granny’s super Nutella and hazelnut cheesecake recipe – we hope you will love it as much as Monty does!
by Monty The Monkey,
Who doesn’t love Nutella?
That awesome chocolate and hazelnut spread!
It is a bit naughty but every now and again it is the perfect treat! There are lots of ways you can use it – on toast, inside pancakes or simply eat it on it’s own!
I’ve even been known to have the odd sneaky spoonful here and there!!
It’s also fab in desserts and this week Granny is sharing her Nutella and hazelnut cheesecake recipe!
We hope you like it as much as I do!!
This recipe involves some knife work and using other kitchen gadgets, so please make sure an adult handles these parts of the recipe! Always be careful in the kitchen but remember to have fun too!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: NONE! – but 4 hours to chill
Serves 4 hungry monkeys
275g digestive biscuits
70g unsalted butter at room temperature
75g toasted hazelnuts
500g cream cheese
70g icing sugar
1. Line a 23cm/9 inch round springform tin with baking paper. The best way to do this is to place the tin on the baking paper and draw around it, then cut out the circle of paper and place on the bottom of the tin. Set the tin aside for later.
Make sure an adult cuts the paper
2. Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse a few times to make a rough crumb.
Make sure an adult uses the food processor, in steps 2 and 3
3. Add the butter to the food processor, along with 1 tbsp of Nutella. Process until well combined.
4. Pour the crumb into the springform tin and press down using either your hands or the back of a spoon, making sure the biscuit mix is spread evenly across the tin.
5. Put in the fridge to chill while you make the topping.
6. Next sieve the icing sugar to remove any lumps.
7. Put the cream cheese, the rest of the Nutella and the icing sugar into a clean bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until well combined. (You can also use your food processor again for this but make sure to wash the bowl out from earlier before you use it.)
Make sure an adult uses the food processor or blender
8. Remove the base from the fridge and pour this mixture over the base, smoothing the top and making sure the mixture is spread evenly.
9. Chop the hazelnuts into quarters.
Make sure an adult does this bit, it’s a bit tricky
10. Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top of the cheesecake.
11. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight – if you can wait that long!
12. Tuck in and enjoy! This tastes best served cold from the fridge!
Check out my great facts about my Nutella No-bake Cheesecake ingredients!
Check out my great jokes about my Nutella No-bake Cheesecake ingredients!
Colour in this picture of Granny and I!
Here’s a picture of Granny and I just about to tuck-in, to our Nutella No-bake Cheesecake- print it off and colour it in – see how much colour you can add! (Mums and Dads – just right click on the image, to download and print)
My new little cooking game for kids
Check out my fun new game. Match the pairs to reveal a surprise picture from todays’ recipe.
Click on the image above, or here to play Have fun – and make sure you come back!